John has worked in Information Security, Operational Security and Risk Management roles for over 20 years. Working at all levels from Analyst to Head of Information/Operational Security across many sectors (see below) throughout EMEA.
He prides himself on delivering business specific security controls and services to his clients and has had success in developing effective security teams and improving team delivery where performance turnaround is the objective.
Establishing and ensuring that security processes are integrated and communicated within the client’s business and to ensure that security policies and processes support existing business and IT strategies.
John has worked in the following industry sectors:
- Banking (Retail and Merchant)
- IT Service Management Companies
- Professional Services Organisations
- UK Government (National and Local)
- Online Gambling
- Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Information Security Risk Management
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Security Operations Team Management
- Standards – ISO 27001/2 ISMS, ISO 27005 Risk Mgmt.
Certifications from Professional Bodies and Vendors
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA SCF)
- MSc – Cyber Security (Northumbria University) – Distinction