Health and Safety Policy
A-GRC shall provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with the requirements in the relevant jurisdictions where it works. The generic requirements to which A-GRC works are listed blow but are tailed to the relevant legislation as appropriate.
The responsibility for health, safety and welfare within A-GRC is placed upon the Board. At the heart of this commitment to health and safety are the seven core safety principles that all A-GRC employees shall embrace and which will facilitate this commitment to continual improvement of health and safety performance. These are:.
- all injuries can be prevented.
- all operating exposures can be safeguarded.
- employee involvement is essential.
- management is responsible for preventing injuries.
- prevention of personal injury is good business sense.
- training employees to work safely is essential.
- working safely and contributing to safety improvements is a condition of employment.
- conducting and maintaining risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- effective management of health and safety.
- ensuring that arrangements and resources exist to support this policy.
- pursuing the deployment of the A-GRC safety strategy and the goal of zero injuries.
- recognising the risks inherent in a consultancy and service management organisation.
- working towards meeting the requirements of ISO 45001, the Occupational Health and Safety Management specification
The Board, through the various business streams and line management, shall ensure that directors, managers, and employees on A-GRC premises fulfil these commitments by:
A-GRC shall continue to invest in health and safety improvements on a progressive basis, setting objectives and targets in our annual health and safety programmes.
A-GRC shall engage with, and involve, all employees in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
This policy is issued, reviewed at least annually and maintained by the Health and Safety Manager, who also provides advice and guidance on its implementation and ensures compliance
All A-GRC employees shall comply with this policy.
Dated: 1 January 2018