George is co-founder and Managing Director of Assured Governance, Risk and Compliance Ltd. He is responsible for all engagements and the day-to-day operations of A-GRC.
George began his career in 1998 and comes from a technical security operations background having worked at all levels and a broad range of industries.
He has steered and supported numerous companies through largescale deployments and periods of transition, while maintaining stability and stakeholder confidence of security operations.
He is an MSc in Cyber Security, a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), an Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP), a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Professional – Security (CCNP-Sec), Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE).
George has worked in the following industry sectors:
- Banking (Retail)
- IT Services Companies
- Professional Services Organisations
- UK Government (National and Local)
- Utilities (Smart Metering)
- Perimeter Security – Multiple vendors of Firewall, IDS/IPS, Web/Email Proxies, SecureFTP, DDoS Protections.
- Access Control – AD DS, Federated Services, Cisco ACS, RSA, 802.1X authentication.
- Vulnerability Management– Nessus, Patch Management
- Monitoring and Event Management –SIEM, centralized logging and system monitoring.
- Load Balancing – F5
- Networking – Core, Distribution and Access layer L2 and L3 Enterprise LAN and WAN, 802.11 WLAN, VPN and Routing Protocols
- Standards – ISO 27001 ISMS, ISO 22301 BCMS
Certifications from Professional Bodies and Vendors
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP);
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP);
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM);
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH);
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – Security (CCNP-Sec);
- Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE);
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA);
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE multiple)
- MSc – Cyber Security (Northumbria University) – Distinction