Top Management and all A-GRC employees are committed to the care of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
A-GRC ensures that all its activities are carried out in conformance with the relevant environmental legislation.
- creates as little waste as possible.
- disposes of our waste responsibly.
- encourages employees to make use of public transport, where possible.
- encourages the use of electronic media to lessen the amount of paper used.
- ensures a ‘No Smoking’ office.
- ensures the energy-efficiency of the equipment that we use.
- never knowingly uses genetically modified foods for employee meals.
- recycles our waste, where possible.
- switches off equipment when not in use, where possible.
- trains employees to understand their environmental responsibilities and encourage new ideas on improving our environmental performance.
- uses low energy lighting where possible, with dimmers and timers, where appropriate.
- uses recycled materials where recycling alternatives are available.
- where practical, uses fair traded products.
An essential feature of the environmental management system (EMS) is a commitment to improving environmental performance. This is achieved by setting annual environmental improvement objectives and targets which are regularly monitored and reviewed. The objectives and targets are publicised throughout A-GRC and all employees are committed to their achievement.
In order to ensure the achievement of the above commitments, A-GRC has implemented an EMS which satisfies the requirements of ISO 14001.
This policy and the obligations and responsibilities required by the EMS have been communicated to all employees.
The policy is available to the public on request.
This policy is issued, reviewed at least annually and maintained by the Environment Manager, who also provides advice and guidance on its implementation and ensures compliance.
All A-GRC employees shall comply with this policy.
Dated: 1 January 2018