Corporate Social Responsibility
Within A-GRC, Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) is more than just one of the ‘in’ things for companies to be concerned about. We strongly believe it is much more than just ticking the right boxes in a policy document. CSR is about getting down to doing something positive to protect and sustain the environment and contribute to society.
A-GRC believes it is essential that it acts in a socially responsible way. To achieve this, we operate ethically, with regard for the environment, and are a caring neighbour in our community.
In A-GRC, our CSR policy was born from the desire to formalise the good practice and attitudes already inherent in our employees and share them with our Clients and our environment for the benefit of all.
Our policy has three strands:
- how to care for our environment
- how to make a difference socially
- how to consider these issues in our commercial relationships.
What A-GRC does in Practice
- employees are given additional leave to get involved in voluntary work either locally or nationally.
- employees have raised money for, and are encouraged to raise more money for, local or national charities.
- A-GRC are committed to ensuring that its business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards.
- A-GRC are committed to providing a safe and secure working environment.
- A-GRC ensure that all PCs are put in sleep mode or are switched off when not in use.
- A-GRC purchase locally where possible to support our local suppliers;
- A-GRC recycle all possible office materials (paper, plastic, printer cartridges).
- A-GRC switch printers off at the end of the day;
- wherever possible, A-GRC reuse paper (print on both sides).
- whilst business travel is a necessity, A-GRC seek to minimise unnecessary travel and purchase environmentally friendly cars.